A Week in the Life of Drone Camp
Participating in a camp with Triangle Drone Academy is the ideal way for students to explore their interest in drones, science, technology, engineering, arts, math, aerial photography, videography, flight skills and so much more.
Drones are emerging in recreation, business, and technology. Our week-long day camps offer opportunities for campers, aged 10-14, to fly and build drones while learning about many aspects of the drone industry. Campers even get to keep their own mini quadcopter!
Prepare for 2018 camps
Follow us on Facebook to get updates about 2018 registration.
What to Expect During A Camp Week
Here are of some of the in-flight activities that our certified instructors will provide:
- Small class sizes for personalized instruction, 10-20 campers
- Drone races and games
- Theory of flight and drone careers
- Fly obstacle courses
- Drone scavenger hunts
In addition, camp tuition includes the following materials:
- Professional level equipment - DJI drones and iPads - for practice at camp
- Flight simulators for practice at camp
- Flight log book
- Keepsake video footage from the DJI professional drone
- A mini quadcopter kit to build and take home
- Camp T-shirt
- Junior Flight certificate
Highlights From 2017
Take a look at photos from the 2017 camp sessions.
Camps run weekly, Monday through Friday, during summer sessions of the traditional school year calendar. Session times, dates and tuition for 2018 are typically posted in January.
The registration minimum is 10 campers, maximum 20 campers per week.
About the Instructors
Our founders and instructors are dedicated to encouraging students to explore the world around them and do what they love.