A Week in the Life of Drone Camp
Participating in a camp with Triangle Drone Academy is the ideal way for students to explore their interest in drones, science, technology, engineering, arts, math, aerial photography, videography, flight skills and so much more.
Drones are prevalent in recreation, business, and technology. Our week-long day camps offer opportunities for rising 6th to 9th-graders to fly and build drones while learning about many aspects of the drone industry. Campers even get to learn code and keep their own mini quadcopter!
What to Expect During A Camp Week
Here are of some of the in-flight activities that our certified instructors will provide:
- Small class sizes for personalized instruction, 6-20 campers
- Drone races and games
- Theory of flight and drone careers
- Flight obstacle courses
- Create and edit drone footage
- Coding for flight paths
- Drone scavenger hunts
In addition, camp tuition includes the following materials:
- Professional level equipment - DJI drones and iPads - for practice at camp
- Flight simulators for practice at camp
- Flight log book
- Keepsake video footage from the DJI professional drone
- A mini quadcopter kit to build and take home
- Camp T-shirt
- Junior Flight certificate
Highlights From 2017
Take a look at photos from the 2017 camp sessions.
Camp weeks run Monday through Friday, 9AM-3PM. We're still accepting campers in the following weeks for 2018:
- June 18-22 FULL
- June 25-29 FULL
- July 16-20
- July 23-27
- July 30-3
- August 13-17
The registration minimum is 6 campers, maximum 20 campers per week.
About the Instructors
Our founders and instructors are dedicated to encouraging students to explore the world around them and do what they love.
Let's get ready to fly
Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates about our camps and programs.